Here are some reasons why it’s a good idea to sell during the holidays.
Should you go to the market during the holidays? There are a few good reasons to sell during this time.
1. Low inventory. It’s already a seller’s market in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but there will be even less inventory during the holidays. This means you’ll get more offers and better terms.
2. More serious buyers. There are a lot of year-end job transfers into Dallas. Over 600 people move here every day. Many of them want to buy houses as quickly as they can.
3. Tax benefits. A lot of people want to buy in time for the end-of-year tax benefits. They get to write off the mortgage interest and the property taxes.
“There are lots of serious buyers in our market during the holidays.”
4. Better showings during the holidays. The home is already clean, and the neighborhood is decorated with Christmas lights. Buying is partly an emotional decision, so it helps if the neighborhood looks amazing.
5. Favorable weather. In Texas, we have very good weather during the winter (knock on wood). There are still a lot of people looking for homes during the winter. The fourth quarter has about 20% of the sales for the year on average, so people are still buying during this time.
If you have any questions or want to know what your home is worth, give me a call. We can put together a market analysis and strategy to sell your home.